Venous Closure and Ablation in Jacksonville, Florida: Modern Solutions for Chronic Venous Insufficiency
Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) is a common medical condition affecting millions of people worldwide, including here in the First Coast Jacksonville, Florida and South Georgia area. It occurs when the veins in the legs fail to efficiently return blood to the heart, leading to a range of symptoms including pain, swelling, and skin changes. One of the most advanced and minimally invasive methods for treating CVI is venous closure or ablation. In this article, Dr. Ragu Murthy, vein specialist and cardiologist at Well&You vein clinic in North Florida, explore this cutting-edge procedure, its benefits, and how it is revolutionizing the management of CVI.
Understanding Chronic Venous Insufficiency
Before delving into venous closure and ablation, Well&You vein specialists in North Florida recommend the importance of understanding CVI and its impact on the body. CVI is typically caused by damaged or weakened valves in the veins of the legs, which leads to blood pooling in the lower extremities. Common symptoms of CVI include:
1. Leg pain and aching.
2. Swelling, particularly in the ankles and lower legs.
3. Skin changes, such as discoloration, ulcers, and thickening.
4. Restless leg syndrome and leg cramps.
5. The development of varicose veins and spider veins.
Traditional Treatment Options
Historically, CVI has been treated with conservative methods like compression stockings, lifestyle modifications, and leg elevation to alleviate symptoms. However, these approaches do not address the underlying cause of CVI. For patients with severe CVI or those who wish to seek more definitive relief from their symptoms, Well&You and Dr. Ragu Murthy have found venous closure and ablation procedures have emerged as game-changing solutions.
Venous Closure and Ablation Techniques Near Me
Venous closure and ablation are minimally invasive procedures designed to treat CVI by closing off or ablating the problematic veins. Two common techniques used for these procedures are endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA):
1. Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT): This procedure involves Dr. Ragu Murthy inserting a laser fiber into the affected vein. The laser emits heat, which causes the vein to contract and eventually close off. Blood flow is then rerouted to healthier veins, relieving the pressure and symptoms associated with CVI.
2. Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): At Well&You, the RFA employs a similar principle but uses radiofrequency energy to generate heat. A catheter is inserted into the targeted vein, and the radiofrequency energy heats the vein wall, causing it to collapse and seal shut. The sealed vein is eventually absorbed by the body, and blood is rerouted through healthier vessels.
Advantages of Venous Closure and Ablation
1. Minimally Invasive: Both EVLT and RFA are performed in the Well&You vein clinic as an outpatient procedures with minimal discomfort and a short recovery period. They typically require only local anesthesia.
2. High Success Rate: Venous closure and ablation have been proven to be highly effective procedures in North Florida and South Georgia in treating CVI, with most patients experiencing significant symptom relief.
3. Rapid Recovery: Well&You patients can usually return to their normal activities within a day or two, making these procedures a convenient option.
4. Improved Aesthetics: Treating CVI often results in the improvement of varicose veins and the overall appearance of the legs.
5. Long-Lasting Results: These procedures provide long-term relief from CVI symptoms, and recurrence rates are low.
Venous closure and ablation procedures are at the forefront of Dr. Ragu Murthy and the Well&You vein clinic’s approach to treating Chronic Venous Insufficiency all across the Jacksonville, the First Coast, and South Georgia. Our vein clinic offers patients a minimally invasive, highly effective, and convenient solution to relieve the pain, swelling, and discomfort associated with CVI. If you or someone you know is suffering from CVI, consult with a qualified vein specialist at Well&You vein clinic to explore the possibility of venous closure or ablation as a path to a better quality of life. These innovative techniques are transforming the way we manage venous insufficiency and are providing hope for those seeking lasting relief from this common condition.
Call or text our office at (904) 895-5400 for more information.
About Dr. Murthy
For almost two decades, Dr. Murthy has saved lives, healed wounds and relieved debilitating pain, restored people’s ability to walk, and improved their quality of life. Dr. Ragu Murthy has had the privilege of serving his community as an invasive cardiologist at the University of Florida’s busiest Trauma hospitals and as a founding director of St. Vincent’s Vein Institute in Jacksonville, Florida. A physician in high demand, Dr. Murthy pioneered and performed deep and superficial vein procedures — from advanced deep vein treatments to treatment of symptomatic varicose veins.
Well&You is making vein and vascular health kinder, easier, and better. Our roots in cardiology means we think holistically about bodies, hearts, minds, families and communities. We focus on health and the quality of living.