Uterine Fibroid Embolization in Jacksonville, Florida: A Game-Changer in Fibroid Treatment
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths of the uterus that often lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms such as heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, and pressure. Women with fibroids may find their daily lives disrupted by these symptoms, and finding the right fibroid clinic for treatment is crucial. Among the various treatment options available, Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) stands out as a compelling alternative that offers several advantages over traditional methods. This article, reviewed by a fibroid specialist physician at Well&You fibroid center, we will explore why UFE is considered around the world, including here in Jacksonville, North Florida, and South Georgia area, superior choice for fibroid treatment compared to other options.
Understanding Uterine Fibroids and Their Impact
Uterine fibroids, also known as leiomyomas, are benign tumors that can develop in the muscular wall of the uterus. These growths can vary in size and number, with some women experiencing single small fibroids, while others may have multiple large ones. The symptoms commonly experienced by women worldwide and here on the First Coast can be debilitating and include:
1. Heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia).
2. Pelvic pain and pressure.
3. Frequent urination or difficulty emptying the bladder.
4. Backache or leg pains.
5. Pain during sexual intercourse.
6. Enlarged abdomen or visible abdominal mass.
Traditional Fibroid Treatment Methods
Historically, gynecologists have taken several traditional approaches to treating uterine fibroids, each with its own set of advantages and limitations:
1. Hysterectomy: This surgical procedure involves the removal of the entire uterus and is considered the most invasive option. While it provides definitive relief from fibroid symptoms, it also renders a woman unable to bear children and entails a more extended recovery period.
2. Myomectomy: Myomectomy is a surgical procedure to remove fibroids while preserving the uterus. While it allows for fertility preservation, recovery times can be lengthy, and fibroids can reoccur.
3. Medications: Hormonal therapies and medications may be prescribed to manage fibroid symptoms. However, they are typically used as short-term solutions and may not provide long-lasting relief.
The Advantages of Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
Uterine Fibroid Embolization has gained significant popularity by many physicians, including and especially expert fibroid specialists, as an innovative and minimally invasive alternative to traditional fibroid treatments. Here’s why UFE is often considered superior and thus offered by the best fibroid clinics here on the First Coast Jacksonville:
1. Minimally Invasive: A fibroid specialist physician performs a UFE through a small incision in the groin or wrist, unlike traditional surgeries that require larger abdominal incisions. This means less pain, shorter hospital stays, and quicker recovery times.
2. Preservation of the Uterus: Perhaps the most significant advantage of a UFE done in a fibroid clinic like Well&You fibroid clinic is that it preserves the uterus, making it an ideal option for women who want to retain their fertility or avoid the surgical removal of the uterus.
3. High Success Rate: Studies have shown that UFE is highly effective in alleviating fibroid symptoms, with more than 90% of women experiencing significant relief.
4. Minimal Recurrence: Unlike myomectomy, which can have a relatively high recurrence rate, UFE has a lower likelihood of fibroid regrowth.
5. Reduced Blood Loss: UFE significantly reduces menstrual bleeding, addressing one of the most common and distressing symptoms of fibroids.
6. Quick Recovery: Most women who get UFEs for their fibroid symptoms can return to their regular activities within a week after UFE.
7. Less Invasive: UFE does not require major fibroid surgery in a hospital and can be done in a fibroid clinic by a fibroid specialist physician , reducing the risk of complications and infection.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) has emerged around the world and in North Florida Jacksonville and South Georgia as a superior treatment option for uterine fibroids when compared to traditional methods like hysterectomy and myomectomy. Its minimally invasive nature, the fact that it can be done in a fibroid clinic by an expert fibroid specialist doctor over a hospital, its high success rate, quick recovery, and preservation of fertility make it an attractive choice for many women in the First Coast who have been seeking relief from the burden of fibroid symptoms. If you’re dealing with uterine fibroids and want a treatment option that offers less pain, fewer complications, and a quicker return to your daily life, UFE may be the ideal choice to discuss with your doctor at Well&You fibroid clinic.
Well&You is making vein and vascular health kinder, easier, and better. Our roots in cardiology means we think holistically about bodies, hearts, minds, families and communities. We focus on health and the quality of living.